The 5 Best CrossFit Shorts – 2018 Reviews and Top Picks
Gym clothes have come a long way. In the past, hearing the words gym clothes would conjure up images of really fit and toned guys and girls sweating it out in the gym or out on a jog.
These days however, gym clothes are not only worn within the confines of the gym. A lot of people now find them trendy and comfortable, and would wear them out on errands and such.
Because of this, a lot of fashion brands have started investing on training wear for their patrons, providing them with trendy and unique gym wear, instead of the typical black and grey training clothes.
However, CrossFit is not just your usual gym training. It involves a more rigorous routine, hence you will be needing something that will be able to sustain your harsh movements.
Below, we will be reviewing the top 5 best CrossFit shorts to help you pick the one just right for you and your needs.
The Top 5 Best CrossFit Shorts on Amazon
Reviews of the Best CrossFit Shorts
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
How to Pick the Perfect CrossFit Shorts
- Because CrossFit is such a high intensity activity, it only follows that your gear should be comfortable enough, and yet also durable enough to withstand all those harsh burpees, high knees, and squat jumps.
- When looking for the perfect CrossFit shorts, you should first consider, “What would I be most comfortable in in terms of length? Fabric? Fit? Design?”After deciding on these things, you should next consider the price. How much are you willing to shell out for your shorts? Sure, there are a lot of known brands out there selling outstanding athletic wear, but are you willing to pay their price?
- Aside from these things, you should also ponder on the level of mobility you need from your shorts. Should they be tight or do you prefer them to be loose? Would you need it to have stretchable fabric or does it need to have side slits?
- Lastly, when buying CrossFit shorts, you shouldn’t compromise on the fabric quality, especially in terms of moisture management. You expect to sweat a lot so a quick-dry feature and breathability is important.
- Aside from that, you should also consider the anti-odour properties of the garment so you wouldn’t feel embarrassed while working out.
- The texture of the fabric is also important so as to avoid chafing and injuries.
Although we loved the Anthem Athletics’ Resilience Shorts for its flexibility and unquestionable durability, its lack of other important qualities such as cooling and quick cooling makes it a little less than what we need so it comes in a close second option.
Under Armour’s Raid Shorts are also great but the level of sheerness of the fabric might be a little uncomfortable for some.
For us, the best CrossFit shorts would be one that is durable, flexible, and has breathable fabric. Aside from these, it should also be just the right length, should dry quick, and avoid odours.
Tesla‘s Active Shorts has all these qualities and more. It also has 360 degrees cooling effect, keeping you all cool and fresh despite the heat and sweat from working out.
It also has a really nice bonus of being having a UV Protection Factor of 50+, which means only 1% of all UV radiation on the surface being able to pass through.
Although the sizing can be confusing and may take a little getting used to on the Tesla Active Shorts, it is something that can be easily resolved and overlooked. For its price, the Tesla Active Shorts is a steal and is no doubt, the Best CrossFit Shorts for anyone.